11 July, 2010

Claire Coles

I came across the work by Claire Coles sometime ago and her work has been saved on my computer ever since. Her designs are so enchanting and always leave me inspired everytime I look at her work. She graduated from Middlesex University in 2003 with a first class honors in Applied Arts. Her beautiful work has been shown in magazines such as, Elle Decoration, Vogue, Inside Out, Country Living, Grand Designs and many more.



To me, Claire is a very talented young designer that creates delicate and emotive designs. My favourite pieces are her vintage wallpapers, bird brooches and her ceramics. She has carefully hand-sewn all these wonderful designs that creates inspiring pieces of art.





(These are two of my favourite designs, as I have a love of owls and deers and of course, the owl is quite relevant to my blog name)

Claire Coles deserves a mention on my blog for anyone that has not yet ever discovered her work, or if you already have, then why not have a look again at the wonderful pieces of art. Her work will leave you feeling inspired.



You can browse the collection of her handmade gift items on her online shop, which offers a range of gift cards, ceramics, bird brooches and vintage wallpapers.

12 comments:

  1. You have the most adorable blog here! I think I'm in love with it!
    One question though, I cannot seem to find the follow button so I can follow your lovely blog. Where is it?
    Claire Coles is sure so sweet ,I've seen her work before as I chose to study her work for my art this year. I love the little deer one in particular x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you, that is so sweet!
    I have now added the 'follow' button, I do apologise that I have not yet added it. You should be able to find it on the side bar.
    Oh wow, that is lovely that you have studied her work. Oh, isn't that little deer so beautiful? I'm glad that you also enjoy her work :)

    - katy
    (littleowlwaltz)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I am following now my darling! I look forward to future posts, you have such a sweet blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your darling blog! It's so incredibly pretty. I wasn't familiar with Claire Coles until now (thank you) so I'm hopping over to her shop to take a peak. These bits are all so cute. I have a little obsession with deer (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello sunshine!
    I just found your blog and already you show so much promise, I can't wait to read more :)

    Lots of love
    Harlow
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty!
    I just discovered you via Drifter and Gypsy... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifull blog, dreamy like it said on The Drifter and the Gypsy blog. good thing you added the follow button, I am very curious to see more.

    Claire is indeed a very talented women, beautifull!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great blog! Love her designs...following now :)

    xx

    www.anadorablecliche.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy this is a wonderful post. I love her work. Thank you for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love her designs! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a lover of owls and deers too, so i absolutely adore her artwork! Thanks for sharing : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow, these are beautiful sweet little things (: lovely.

    ReplyDelete