10 July, 2010

Interview: The Drifter and the Gypsy

I recently had the privilege to do a little interview with Micaela, and you would know her best as being the writer behind the blog, the drifter and the gypsy. I have been reading Micaela’s blog for awhile now and it really is such an inspiration for us all.

If you have not yet ever visited the drifter and the gypsy, then I suggest you take a look. Her blog covers all aspects of art and has been created to inspire other people. I am also very grateful for Micaela’s help while i was creating littleowlwaltz. She helped me out a great deal with the blog and would just like to say a massive thank you to Micaela and credit goes to her for the help and advice of my layout design.

Me: Tell us a little bit about yourself
Micaela: I'm 16 years old and live with my parents and dog Aubrey in San Francisco. I love the city, it makes you feel alive.

Me: When and why did you decide to start up The Drifter and the Gypsy? What inspired you to start blogging?
Micaela: I started The Drifter and the Gypsy in November of 2008-gosh, that seems so long ago now! I believe beauty should be shared with others and what better way to do that than start a blog? I stumbled upon a few inspiring blogs and thought to myself, 'Why am I not doing this?!'

Me: Do you think your blog has changed since your first post?
Micaela: Oh yes, definitely! When I first started blogging, I was writing a lot and needed a place to record my thoughts. At that time, I was more inspired by words than photography. Now I've become a much more visual person, and my blog has changed with that.

Me: That is so lovely. I also noticed you have a love for art. Do you have any favourite artists?
Micaela: If, by artists, you mean photographers, I have a lot! It varies, but my current favorite photographers are Eleanor Hardwick, Candace Meyer, Anna Wolf, and Rockie Nolan.

Me: What made you start up your very own shop?
Micaela: After posting some pictures of mine, a few people started asking me if I was selling my photos. I never considered selling them and thought if enough people expressed interest, why not give it a try? My shop is currently closed for renovation though. I do not know when it will reopen.

Me: Where do you find your inspiration for your outfits? Do you have any favourite fashion designers?
Micaela: I find inspiration for my outfits by what I see others wearing. I love spending countless hours browsing through Lookbook.nu and seeing peoples' personal styles. I also try to wear what I would want to photograph, as a photographer.

Me: How would you describe your perfect day?
Micaela: Get up at my leisure, browse the Internet, do a photoshoot with a pretty model in a beautiful location, make some things for my room, edit photos, and end the day by reading in bed.

Me: What item of clothing do you own that you are most surprised you have ever bought?
Micaela: I own a very bright blue vintage sequin top. It is not really my style, but I think if paired with the right outfit, the top would look very nice. I've only worn it once though!

Me: If you could go anywhere right now, where would that be?
Micaela: I've been wanting to go to the Netherlands for quite some time now. It seems so quaint and beautiful there. I'd also love to go to Australia.

Me: Last but not least, when you are not blogging, what are your other hobbies?
Micaela: Oh gosh, so many! Photography, random craft projects, running, violin, piano, and writing.





(the photos are some homemade craft items that Micaela has made)

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is so lovely and inspiring. So glad that I found it! You're a beaut. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome interview with one of my favorite bloggers! I am so stunned by the fact that she's only 16 -- just one year younger than me. She reads to be so much older than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy
    I found your beautiful blog through Micaela's.
    So it's lovely to read this interview with her and see her craft items.
    I love everything Drifter&Gypsy-esque!
    And now I shall add your little owl to my favourites,
    butterfly wishes Kat

    ReplyDelete